Data Centre Insurances
Some examples of large losses/incidents in Data Centres
- €50,000,000 loss following a backup power failure at an airline
- 10-hour outage after an accidental fire suppression system release
- Hardware failure, backups did not work
- 3-month delay after overheating in the data centre during construction
- €90,000,000 fine for a bank after software problems
- €50,000,000 loss following router failure at airline after DDoS attack
Some Cyber based incidents
- €81,000,000 stolen from Bank after hack
- Hospital scanner offline for a week following ransomware
- €3,000,000 stolen from bank customer accounts after hack
- 157,000 customer details stolen from internet and mobile phone company.
- DDoS attack on ISP – internet out for 4 hours
- Steel mill suffers damage to furnace after a cyber attack
EU DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) IN FORCE SINCE 25TH MAY 2018 – BREECHES CAN RESULT IN FINES 4% OF WORLDWIDE TURNOVER OR €20,000,000!
At Pembroke Insurances we can tailor solutions to your needs. We can source a bespoke policy that will cover all of your Data Centre / Technology / Cyber exposures from Property Insurance through to First and Third Party Damage from Cyber-attacks.
Pembroke Insurances have partnered with all of the main providers of Cyber / Data Centre Insurance to enable us to offer the greatest range of options on cover and price to our customers.
There is a perception that Cyber Attacks only happen to large companies but this is not the case. Hackers often see smaller companies as being softer targets as they tend to have less sophisticated security in place.
Please contact us if you have any queries in relation to Data Centre of Cyber / Tech related insurances